God Bless America!

Friday, September 4, 2009

Gross National Happiness

GNH, or Gross National Happiness. Ever heard of that? Neither have I. I was reading a short article this morning about the world's happiest cities. (As I recall, there were none from the U.S on the list but I might have missed it.)

There was quite a list and brief descriptions of cities and why they were ranked as "happy" cities. Then it came to the small Himalayan city of Bhutan. And that's where this phrase "Gross National Happiness" popped up. I think it's cool...I like the way it sounds. And, according to the author, when describing the people of that city, "You can see it (happiness) in their open faces - they smile from their hearts."

That's enticing enough to make me want to go see for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment