God Bless America!

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hugs

Got a really good hug last night from Nathan. He's our son. Haven't seen him since Elizabeth's wedding the end of May. He and Amber live in Utah but were on a little trip and they stopped by last night on their way home.

Nathan is unusual about hugs. First, he's a REALLY big guy, so you wouldn't guess he's a "hugger". And second, he's a really good hugger. Big hugs come from big guys!

I don't get or give many hugs, just not who I am. Although, I don't mind "real" hugs. In fact, I rather enjoy hugs. I feel really fortunate that I've gotten a couple of really great hugs in the past few weeks.

The other hug came from a friend and former co-worker, Rhonda. She was on a vacation and stopped to see me for a few hours. Besides being a really great person she is a lot of fun too! When she arrived I was in the front yard. She came and threw her arms around me and just squeezed me really tight, kind of doing that rocking motion. That's what Nathan did too, only he didn't rock. But they were good, tight squeezes. Not so hard that I deflated, but tight. Like they meant it. Like I meant something to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment