God Bless America!

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Still Playing Around

I'm still experimenting with the layout and colors for this blog. And what to do about photos. I have lots to choose from, just haven't decided on what direction to go yet. Guess that's my prerogative, right?

So...I've decided to clean up a couple of rooms before Randy comes home from Afghanistan in a month from Saturday. I started on one and after about 10 minutes just thought "I REALLY do not want to be doing this right now!"...so I quit!

I guess it's like crafts with me. If it takes longer than 10.7 minutes from start to finish, I lose interest and patience. That's how I am with cleaning. Now yard work is a totally different story. I can go for HOURS on end weeding, digging, dead-heading flowers, trimming, mowing...you name it. Until it just gets so darn hot and I'm crawling into the house or I actually "finish" (yard work is never really finished, right?). So what is my deal? Maybe it's a sense of satisfaction. I think I can more readily see the results of my efforts in a patch of dirt than in a room or on a counter top.

Well, on the up-side...I made a fresh blackberry cobbler to indulge myself in later tonight. Probably about the time the Boise State Bronco's take on the Oregon Quackers. And yes, the berries are from our garden. There are lots of them...I should figure out what to do with them soon, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment